Saturday, January 4, 2014

2013 Summary

So I got pretty busy at the end of the year, and sort of fell off the waggon with my log.

I made my comeback as planned at Christmas Carnage. Weighed in at 219.6. Attempts went as follows:

Squat:
  - 725 called for depth. Suit felt fine so decided to add weight
  - 735 miss, lost my ballance somehow
  - 735 good lift

Bench:
  - 525 good lift
  - 545 good lift (20 lb PR)
  - 565 miss, couldn't lock out left arm (it was close)

Deadlift:
  - 625 good lift
  - 650 good lift (not a PR, but best pull in 2 years)
  - 675 missed at knees ( probably too big a jump for 3rd, but trying for record)

So the squat was a little rough. Training and warm ups went good, so not really sure what happened. 

I changed my pre meet squat cycle. Instead of doing a circa max phase with bands, I did high volume (10-12 sets) speed work with 3 sets of chains. 


No comments:

Post a Comment