Thursday, September 2, 2010

9/1 ME Bench

Shirted bench press w/ 120 lbs band tension (doubled monster minis):
      355 for 1 rep
      missed 375 for 1 rep (shirt slipped out of position)

Incline dumbell press: 100lb dumbells for 2 sets of 12 reps

Tate press: 45lb dumbells for 3 sets of 12 reps

Dumbell row: 100 lb dumbell for 3 sets of 8 reps

Hammer curls: 55lb dumbells for 3 sets of 8 reps

Workout time: 1 hr 25 mins

I felt very tired today, and my bench presses sucked. 355 plus bands felt way too heavy, and my shirt slipped out of position on my attempt @ 375 plus bands. I probably could have made another run at that weight, but I felt like I had no energy or focus, so I called it quits. I hope 8 days is enough time to recover before the meet. This is the first bad bench day I have had this training cycle, and it couldn't come at a worse time (1 week out from the meet).

No comments:

Post a Comment