Monday, August 30, 2010

8/28 One step closer to home gym...

Before today, my home gym setup consisted of the following:
      An Impex powerhouse bench, which has attachments for flat and incline benching, leg curls and extensions,
          preacher curls, dips, and squats (bought for $25 a year ago)
      A 110lb standard (1" hole) sets of weights w/ a strait bar and 2 dumbell handles
      A cap barbell 300lb Olympic set (2" hole)
      A nice used treadmill (a wedding gift from friends)

Today, I purchased the following equipment to add to my collection, all for the nice low price of $475
      York Barbell squat cage w/ high and low pulley attachment
      York barbell adjustable bench (decline, flat, incline) w/ attachments for leg curls and extensions and situps
      7' chrome Olympic bar, and 300lbs of plates, along w/ a weight tree to store the plates
      wide lat pulldown bar, curl bar (for low pulley) and close grip row bar (for low pulley)

I am quite excited, as the addition of this equipment will finally give me a home gym well-equipped enough that I can give up my membership to Gold's. Having 2 gym memberships is expensive!!! I am going to build a platform to bolt the cage to, so I can attach bands for my speed work. Now, I can go to Max Fitness twice a week for my heavy workouts, and do the rest of my speed work and cardio @ home. With the money I save in the gym membership and gas, I will pay off the new equipment in less than a year! Look for pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment