Tuesday, August 3, 2010

8/3 ME Squat/DL

Trained tonight @ Max Fitness in Harrisburg... thanks Will and Lou for the spots.


Cambered bar box squat w/ 160 lbs of chain:
      Note: used parallel box, groove briefs+squat suit(straps down)+belt
      355lbs - 1 set of 3 reps
      395lbs - 1 set of 3 reps
      445lbs - 1 set of 1 reps
      495lbs - 1 set of 1 reps
      535lbs - 1 set of 1 reps - needed a little help from back spotter

Zercher squat: 245lbs - 3 sets of 8 reps

Stiff leg DL: 365 lbs - 3 sets of 8 reps

Reverse Hyper: 230 lbs - 3 sets of 8 reps

Kettle bell swing: 60lb kettle bell - 2 sets of 15 reps

Kneeling rope crunch: 70lbs - 2 sets of 15 reps

Workout time: 1 hr 50 mins

This was my first time using the cambered bar for squats. I felt strong off the bottom, but the cambered bar made stabilizing the lift at the top very difficult - it tended to pull me forward. I felt very strong with 495, but the jump to 535 was just a bit too greedy... I almost completed the lift but needed a little help from my back spotter at the top. I should have probably gone for 505, and I might have gotten it... but hindsight is always 20-20. My lower back was quite tired, so I went a bit lighter than usual on the reverse hypers.

No comments:

Post a Comment