Monday, August 2, 2010

The saga begins...

This is it... after thinking about it for sometime, I have finally done it... I have started a training blog. I am currently 6 weeks away from the 2010 IPA Pennsylvania State Championship meet, being held in Hanover, PA on September 11. I am making my return to powerlifting after several years off due to injuries... a torn ACL requiring surgery the summer of 2008 and a torn right bicep the spring of 2009. My goals for the upcoming meet are as follows:
 - Set the IPA Pennsylvania state deadlift record in the 220 Amature Open division - currently 635 lbs
 - Set the IPA world deadlift record - currently 705 lbs - a bit of a push, 45 lbs better than my current PR
 - Squat 650 lbs - much less than my PR, but since my surgery I hadn't squated heavy until this past spring
 - Bench 475 lbs - again, less than my PR but the most I will have tried since my bicep tear

The deadlift state record should be easy to achieve... I plan to beat it with my first attempt. The world deadlift record will be a stretch, but my deadlifts feel strong, and I am confident I have a shot at it.

From here forward, my daily posts will included my actual training, including poundages, number of sets and number of reps. I am sick of sites that post "example workouts", which aren't all that helpful because nobody really follows them exactly, including the people who post them. This site will feature my actual workouts as I do them... if I get lazy and take a day off, that's what I will post. If I stay up all night watching a Hercules: The Legendary Journey's marathon and have a crappy workout, that's what I will post. The good, the bad, and the ugly... it will all be posted. I won't promise you that if you follow my workouts you will see the same results I do... because that may or may not be true. I do hope that by reading this blog you will gain some insight into what I do, and what works for me, and that maybe you can learn something that will help you. I can promise you that if you train hard, you will get strong... so put some weight on the bar and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment